Special Report - Vancouver Detached Single Family Homes Westside - Impact from Foreign 15% Tax
- take a few minutes to how new 15% tax introduced Aug 2nd has impacted single family market in Vancouver Westside
- look at 3 variables see how changed since tax introduced and since this time last year.
1) inventory, 2) # sales 3) Sale Price
1) Inventory: here is the challenge for buyers in the Westside - inventory hasn’t really changed since Aug or this time last year. +/- 1%. This is why we will see prices haven’t moved much.
2) # Sales: Sales are actually up since Aug when the tax was intro. by 24% but when you look at Oct 2015 comp to now sales are dn 52%
3) Sale Price: down 9% comp to Aug this year, but we are still up 10% compared to Oct 2015.
Lots of stats! One last thing - strong seller’s market in Oct 2015 now market favouring buyers.
Information package Westside, North Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, Surrey, Coquitlam
Get your information package here: https://davidsetton.com/market-updates.html
What’s hot What’s Not – Vancouver Westside – Single Family for Nov 2016
- The market in the Westside is favouring buyers
- Prices actually went up in October from $2.99m in Sept to $3.2m in October. The number of homes sold is less than ½ of the solds compared to October
- Only 78 homes sold last month. Down 66% from April (peak sales) of this year
- tricky - supply is low at 570 homes on market.
What’s Hot (21% or more for a SR)
- Mackenzie Heights
- 9 / 17 sold here - 53% sales ratio
- University area also strong - 6/ 12 sold - 50% sales ratio
- which price categories favouring sellers
- $2.25M - $2.5M - 12 / 26 sold 46% sales ratio
- $3m - $3.5M - 11 / 48 - 23% sales ratio
What’s not hot (14% or less for a sales ratio)
- South Granville 5 / 76 - 7% sales ratio
- Shaughnessy 6 / 67 sold - 9% sales ratio
- which price category