What’s hot in the Kitsilano Single Family for Nov 2017
- The Van Westside Single Fam market is balanced. We’re not favouring buyers or sellers
- Kitsilano is following this trend and is also in a balanced market condition.
- 9 Homes sold in Kits last mo.
- least expensive home sold for $2.2M. which would have bought you a 89 year old home on a 33’x122 lot at 12th Ave and Dunbar. Most expensive home sold for $13.5M Point Grey Rd AKA the Golden Mile. Lot was 49’x131’
- 55 homes were available and on the market in Kits in Oct so to have 9 sales puts us in a balanced market at a 16% sr
- Sold values in Kits are at med price of $3.5M lower than the median price for a home in the Westside - now at $3.7M.
If you like to take a look at these sales, I have a new package you can download at the link below map locating them and photos
First questions my clients ask is should I buy first or sell first when moving
The answer is not straightforward
Whether buy first or sell first - still will be stressful
If buy first, have the stress of selling before taking possession of the home that you purchased.
Also the uncertainty of selling for enough money to afford the new home
If you sell first, you are under the gun to buy a home and moving before you have to give up your home you just sold.
When is it advantageous to sell first.
When you are moving from an area with a stronger market to a weaker market. Stronger negotiating position.
When advantageous to buy first. When you are moving into a strong market with less choice and you want to make sure that you can find the right home.