My name is David Setton and I am a Vancouver Realtor who specializes in marketing single family homes in Vancouver West. I have over 20 years’ experience in real estate, and, without being arrogant, I truly believe I understand more than 98% of other agents out there.
Why? Well, unlike other Realtors who may have only completed a real estate course, I was literally born into the Property Development business, as my dad was the owner of a Residential Development company. I also pursued my formal education, completing BCIT’s three-year Diploma Program in Building Technology with a specialization in Land Economics.
Since graduating, I’ve worked in every aspect of real estate development: land acquisition, working on construction sites, managing construction sites, contract negotiation, project design, permitting, show home construction, show home sales team management, marketing, and ultimately becoming Vice President of United Properties. Eventually my passion for working directly with clients led to me becoming a Realtor and practicing my personal favourite aspect of real estate: sales and marketing.
Over the years, my clients, both buyers and sellers, have had many common questions. You can check out some of my answers in the Real Estate 101 section of this site.
As an experienced Realtor, I’ve definitely learned what it takes to sell a home. I know I go beyond what other Realtors offer in their level of service. Some of the differences I provide are:
- Brochures: Other Realtors simply print off a black and white Multiple Listing Service (MLS) information sheet to hand out at their open houses. I believe in professional photography and videos to make sure my clients’ properties get noticed. For every property I sell, I work with some of Vancouver’s most innovative marketing companies to create a custom, glossy, colour, full-bleed brochure on 100 lb paper, including a detailed floor plan. I believe images evoke an emotional response before a single word in a listing description is read, increasing the sales value.
- Other Marketing Channels: Unlike other Realtors who simply rely on standard MLS, I also bring attention to my clients’ properties through brochures emailed to my Realtor database, my website, RealtyLink, Just Listed postcards, periodicals, Craigslist, and Open Houses marketed to both agents and the public.
- Home Staging: As a residential developer, I helped to create many show homes. Whether you need to de-clutter, landscape, renovate, or simply dress up your home, my construction and design experience helps maximize your sales value and return on investment.
- Connection to the Real Estate Community: I strongly believe in building relationships not only with my clients but also with my fellow Realtors. My listings get shown to every agent within TRG Realty, BC’s fastest growing brokerage, providing a high level of exposure to Realtors with buyer clients. This gets more exposure for your property, creates a positive interaction with prospective buyers, and often results in a higher sales figure.
- Knowledge and Passion: My clients often remark on my enthusiasm and I am willing to bet that I put more heart and soul into my work than most Realtors. I have considerable knowledge of land and home values through my background as both a Residential Developer and Realtor, and I’m constantly reviewing the market to distinguish asking versus sales prices. My market understanding reinforces my strong negotiation skills, and helped me close complex land deals for properties valued in excess of 40 million dollars. I realize that money is a great motivator, so I offer a large commission to Buyer’s Agents in order to attract more agents to my clients’ homes.
- Team Approach: Real estate involves copious amounts of paper work. Thankfully, my most extremely capable assistant is my wife, Alison, who’s also a Professional Engineer and Financial Planner with an MBA. Together, we look at things from all angles, making sure no detail goes missed, to offer more dedication, knowledge, and care to each individual client.
When it comes to buying a home, I understand that it is likely the largest financial commitment you will ever make. My goal is to empower you to make confident decisions so you feel secure throughout the process. Yes, unlike some other Realtors, I realize that buying is indeed a process, not merely a transaction!
I support my clients every step of the way. First, I want to get to know you as a person or a family and really understand your needs, including how you’re currently living and what you value most in a home. Using my background and experience as both a Developer and a Realtor, I will help you evaluate potential properties, advise on the acquisition strategy, and negotiate the purchase.
I also understand the buying experience is different for everyone. Some people only need to see a few homes before making an offer; others need to see dozens all over the city. Regardless, I give all my clients the same amount of attention and view the process as an adventure, as I believe it needs to have an element of fun and exploration.
Due to the time and energy level I invest in my buyer clients, I limit the number of buyers I work with at any one time. I also put my commitment in writing through the use of an Exclusive Buyer’s Agency Agreement.
I would be pleased to share my expertise and answer any of your questions about buying or selling a home. Please feel free to contact me directly, either by phone at 604.808.9796 or by email: email@example.com
I look forward to working with you on your next real estate adventure!